
Another year, another birthday :)
Today started ...early. 4:45am early. Enough time to get ready for school and on the bus by 6:15am. Man, I sure didn't miss these early mornings before Ramadan! Christina decorated the door to my classroom, and the 'social committee' dropped off a card and some chocolate. I had 2 classes, which I managed to get through without my students even realizing that it was my birthday, until lunchtime, when I had lunch duty and several girls wished me happy birthday - even students that I don't know! Thanks to Miss Pam, who even showed the girls a picture of me so that they would know to whom to wish happy birthday.
That's why I love my new coworkers and friends. Even the busdriver sang happy birthday on the way home from school this afternoon!
We all watched Grey's Anatomy together this evening, and, half way through, the Peppe's Pizza guy arrived! They'd ordered pizza for all of us...including my pizza...sort of...a 16-alarm-super-spicy-hot pizza instead! But delicious, and it's the thought, and I'll finish eating it tomorrow :) I love my girls.
It's been a great day, I even got to talk to mom on the phone for a few minutes! Very short, next time I'll have to move to a country where the long distance rates aren't so ridiculously high!
So thank you to everyone who wished me happy birthday - whether you read this or not - you made my day feel very special :) I hope that 24 is better than 23 and 21 combined! It's already looking up.
Today started ...early. 4:45am early. Enough time to get ready for school and on the bus by 6:15am. Man, I sure didn't miss these early mornings before Ramadan! Christina decorated the door to my classroom, and the 'social committee' dropped off a card and some chocolate. I had 2 classes, which I managed to get through without my students even realizing that it was my birthday, until lunchtime, when I had lunch duty and several girls wished me happy birthday - even students that I don't know! Thanks to Miss Pam, who even showed the girls a picture of me so that they would know to whom to wish happy birthday.
That's why I love my new coworkers and friends. Even the busdriver sang happy birthday on the way home from school this afternoon!
We all watched Grey's Anatomy together this evening, and, half way through, the Peppe's Pizza guy arrived! They'd ordered pizza for all of us...including my pizza...sort of...a 16-alarm-super-spicy-hot pizza instead! But delicious, and it's the thought, and I'll finish eating it tomorrow :) I love my girls.
It's been a great day, I even got to talk to mom on the phone for a few minutes! Very short, next time I'll have to move to a country where the long distance rates aren't so ridiculously high!
So thank you to everyone who wished me happy birthday - whether you read this or not - you made my day feel very special :) I hope that 24 is better than 23 and 21 combined! It's already looking up.

3 comments:
Yay! I'm glad it was a good day for you.
Happy Birthday!
We were just talking about the fact that it is your birthday...
so Happy Birthday, have a great year!!! 24 , wow!!
I love your photos from Jordan, what a great experience!!!
Pam
I thought of you several times yesterday..however I was knee deep in term papers...sorry...but....
ya, now, congradulashuns vit yer birshday, eh!?...really wish I was were you are...looks fantastic. You need to take up photography for more than a hobby.
So for the 5 alarm pizza do you need pepto bismol?
Be well, take care, and love ya lots.
Anut Curlin
Post a Comment