Maybe tomorrow, I’ll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I’ll just keep moving on.


Monday, 8 September 2008

It's already the second week back?

So the big thing about starting school in Ramadan scheduling (9am-1pm), is that it still feels like summer. It's hard to believe that the school year has begun and we're already into our second week of classes. I see my students for 55 minutes a day, time which FLIES by, and then they are off to their next class. There is no lunch break since most of the students are fasting, so they are sent home by 1pm to sleep for the afternoon, before they can eat around 6pm.

I teach five classes this semester, in four blocks. Three Art 1 classes on Day 1 and a Studio Art class on Day 2. Today they canceled my 1-student Art 2 class...so I officially only teach 1 class on Day 2. The principal is trying to figure out what to do to keep me busy! But since I am still prepping for three different classes, I don't think that they really mind. Neither do I :)

Other than a confusing schedule, life here has been pretty good. It's amazing how quickly we go back to our routines from last year - school, nap, order food...although, to combat our ordering food habits, we've all joined the gym and we work out together...once in a while!

A little tidbit of information: did you know that our moon is the only moon in our solar system that doesn't have a real name? I mean, what's with that?

2 comments:

Steph said...

Perhaps in all your free time you could devise a name for said celestial body...

Kate said...

Melissa has decided that it shall be called Moon Prime, since it was the first one discovered...and I like it.

Empee for short.