Maybe tomorrow, I’ll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I’ll just keep moving on.


Wednesday, 21 October 2009

26

It’s my birthday.

Another year older!

But this one just kind of snuck up on me. How is it already October 21?  The weather is still in the mid-30’s.  There are no colourful leaves.  Thanksgiving was kind of a blur. 

Which is probably for the better, really…birthdays always seem to make me sad.  Almost like a disappointment.  I forget that it’s just another day.  I don’t ever feel older, or wiser, because that doesn’t come with the number on your birth certificate.

I don’t want to be the centre of attention, but…I don’t want to be ignored, either. Does that make sense?  Who knows.

I feel like there’s something missing.

As though I should be in another realm, it seems.  But that just sounds crazy.  This world isn’t where I’m supposed to be, and I won’t ever feel completely complete until I’m with the One who created me.

But I am happy (to the point of dancing and jumping) to have such amazing and thoughtful friends, a great life, incredible experiences, a divine purpose, and countless blessings…God is truly faithful.

Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Katie.
You may be far from us, but never far from our thoughts.
Hope you had a great birshday...and may your year ahead be filled with blessings & joy.
Luv ya;
Carolyn (the Anut one)