Maybe tomorrow, I’ll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I’ll just keep moving on.


Sunday, 3 January 2010

2009

Rebecca reminded me of this, so here it is!  A recap of 2009.  In poem form.

(Just kidding. I don’t have that kind of creativity in this jet-lagged state.)

January. Oh January.  I left for Kuwait on the 1st, I didn’t want to go back (which seems to be a trend…why do I keep going home for Christmas?) But it turned out to be good.  I took a class on the works of the Holy Spirit and it blew my conservative mind. 

February. Philip Yancey at TLC. A new semester at school.  A beautiful trip to Oman. 

March. Kuwait really started to feel like home.

April. We went to IRAN for Spring Break!! It was short and expensive, but sweet.  And I’d love to go back someday!

May.  The end of the best school year I could ever imagine.  We visited Failaka Island!

June.  We said goodbye to Pam. And we went on the cruise of a lifetime.  I visited Stephanie in France and Belgium, and I made it home to surprise everyone at my Grandfather’s 80th birthday party…just in time!  And it was my first time flying in Business class…it was a wonderful gift!

July.  A visit to Ottawa, camping at Algonquin, and a whole lot of relaxing.  It turns out, I don’t like doing nothing ;)

August.  Helped out at VBS as Dr. Duncan Donut. Visited Canada’s Wonderland with Jen, Kelly and Pam!  And flew back to Kuwait. 

September.  A new school year.  New changes.  “A new day”.  A new classroom.  And I wasn’t ready for it. I started looking for a *new* school…

October.  Started our Bible Study with the young’uns!  Had my photos hanging in a gallery! And I turned 26.

November.  We got a car! We love our dear Wanda Beth.  We also went to Sri Lanka!

December.  A couple very stressful weeks at school followed by a wonderful week at home, a trip to Halifax, and Maid of Honour in my best friend’s beautiful wedding!

How does 2010 look? Well so far…a 10K run in Dubai on January 22, a trip to Israel in June, and maybe a new school next year…but changes and surprises are inevitable!

2 comments:

Rod and Bec said...

Yay! Thanks for this, Katie. Your year is a lot more exciting than ours :)
We love you!

Kate said...

I don't think so! Maybe just a different kind of exciting... I love you all, too!