Because a picture is worth a thousand words...
Here's a picture of my living room when I first came back. Note: my coffee table is a dark, dark brown. You can kind of see the difference where I wrote the word "eww".
We returned to school this week!
And what a shock we were in - the entire school was painted - by a Kuwaiti artist named Bicasso - to look like a lovely garden party. We're a little confused. We thought it was a school, not a garden party...but it is a little pretty, and now that i'm getting used to it, I kind of like it!
On the roof they build a new room (hopefully) for high school lunches, which is just beautiful. We also have a few colourful umbrellas outside to give the girls a little shade.
In the basketball court they painted murals all around - girls playing sports. They are very well done, and really give the school a fresh look. I wouldn't say it looks like a "school", but really, in Kuwait, it doesn't surprise me! Less and less surprises me now...
We're back at school, and we're working diligently. Although it is very hard to set up your classroom when you are forced into PD sessions for most of the morning! Is this what being a teacher is all about? Wonderfully, most of my supplies have arrived, including my beloved Sharpies. All 62 of them. Huzzah! Then someone asked what I would be doing with them. And I realized that I wasn't entirely sure. It seemed like such a good idea last November when I ordered them.
All of my courses this semester are Art Foundations (a mixture of last year's Art 1 & 2) courses. This seriously cuts down on the amount of prep needed! Last year, second semester, I was teaching 5 different courses. This is absolutely lovely. Maybe I will stay on top of marking this year! A little blessing.
And it will help to focus on classroom management...we DID just receive our class lists.
I will be needing a LOT of prayer and devotions this semester.

No comments:
Post a Comment